Saturday 3 September 2016

Outfit of The Month - September

This month I have drawn inspiration from a few different places. Firstly, metallic pleated skirts are a huge trend for Pre-Fall 16 so I wanted to style my outfit around one of the most coveted styles from Christopher Kane. With this skirt as my starting point I began looking at tops. Wanting to mix things up a little this month I have opted for a jumper from HADES emblazoned with 'Patti Smith'. I discovered this brand by chance whilst shopping in Liberty, later realising that Alexa Chung wore 'The Smiths' jumper from the same brand at Glastonbury. HADES is sure to be one of the most sought after brands of the next few seasons - their ultra cool knitwear adds serious kudos to any outfit. Inspiration for this pleated skirt/jumper combo also came from Gucci, who we have seen sending countless models down the runway in a similar look. Playing on the idea of incorporating different silhouettes and fabrics into the outfit, I have paired the look with a boxy tweed blazer. Continuing this masculine feel, I have added a pair of platform brogues and a structured bag.
Phillippa x 

Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment