Saturday 2 April 2016

A/W16 Menswear - Top 5

This is the first time I have posted about Men's fashion week on my blog, but I thought it would be a good way to bring some new content to my blog. The Men's Fashion Week shows took place in January, sandwiched in-between the end of the Pre Fall presentations and Couture fashion week. I thought I would highlight my favourite 5 collections...
Balmain
A powerful display of decadence with historical references. Satin, velvet and leather trousers in deep navy, contrasted against rich red tones. Military-esque styling and embroidered detailing delivered a signature Balmain aesthetic. Stripes and paisley jacquard completed the collection.
Dior Homme
Classic, tailored separates that will look great season after season. I adored the use of the colour wine and checkerboard prints. Monochrome floral prints were added to trousers and knitwear, creating the more statement pieces in the collection.
Salvatore Ferragamo
The striking geometric prints and pops of bold colour were what drew me to this collection. This was easy to wear, tailored, everyday pieces that were classic in style and silhouette. Each look was paired with a pair of oxfords, to complete this well rounded collection.
Gucci
Eclecticism was the order of the day at Gucci, also seen at the SS16 womenswear show. A complex Gucci aesthetic fusing; 70's influences, brocades, colour, plaid, print, embroidery and texture. This is not an easy to wear everyday collection, instead a sartorial choice for those who prefer a more bold sense of style. Individual pieces will have more longevity styled with more practical separates.
Alexander McQueen
Butterfly and moth motifs were woven and printed onto tailored jackets and suits - a signature McQueen motif. Red, black and white added a sense of drama into the mix, as did some of the voluminous silhouettes. I particularly liked the tailcoats.
For more male style inspiration, follow my 'Mens Style' board on Pinterest (details below)
 
Phillippa x
 
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment