Sunday 28 February 2016

Independent Spirit Awards - Red Carpet

Yesterday the Independent Spirit Awards took place in LA. Always the final awards show to take place before the Academy Awards, this event takes place during the day so we usually see a variety of beautiful daywear looks in brighter colours than you will see at an evening event. This event is much more relaxed than other award shows, so dress lengths vary and the dress code is not as strict. Take a look at who wore what...
1. Dree Hemingway - Chloe SS16
2. Rachel McAdams - Solace London
3. Jessica Biel - Roland Mouret SS16
4. Cate Blanchett - Gucci
5. Nikki Reed - Etro
6. Brie Larson - Chanel
7. Bel Powley - Mary Katrantzou A/W16
8. Zoe Kazan - Miu Miu
 
My Thoughts
I loved the fresh, spring feel of the majority of looks that we saw at this event and because there are less constraints on the dress code it was nice to see a range of different designers being worn and a wider selection of print and colour. 
*For my best dressed I would go for Dree Hemingway wearing Chloe. I love that this look is sleeveless and evokes a bohemian/free-spirited vibe. I covet everything Dree wears, her personal style is spot on.
*I also liked Jessica Biel's total look - the orange print on blue ground is eye-catching but not overpowering, and the shoes were seriously lust worthy.
*Rising star Bel Powley is captivating me with her red carpet style. She always opts for something a little different to the norm, not afraid to go for something more quirky and playful. She teamed her Mary Katrantzou dress, straight off the A/W16 catwalk at LFW, with a cool pair of 'Pacman' printed platforms.
*Whilst I love Etro, I just wasn't a fan of Nikki Reed's look. It was less about the dress and more about the fact that for me this is an evening look. The long sleeves and dark colours just seemed a little out of place at this event, where everyone else had opted for more summery looks.
 
Who was your best dressed?
 
Phillippa x
 
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22


No comments:

Post a Comment