Monday 11 January 2016

Defining Runway Collections

Growing up I always knew I wanted a career in the fashion/textile industry. From an early age I was always the 'creative' child, liking nothing better than a craft kit as a Christmas or Birthday gift followed by hours of making something from whatever was inside the box. Being introduced to the work of Zandra Rhodes and Celia Birtwell whilst studying art at school, my eyes were opened to the world of print. I purchased my first Vogue magazine in 2005 (August 2005, Gemma Ward on the cover wearing Missoni...I still have my copy). I later progressed to study textiles at college and it was here that I really began to get into fashion. Deciding that I wanted to focus on print for fashion I regularly logged onto Style.com to get my fix of the catwalk, falling in love with designers such as: Matthew Williamson, Dior by John Galliano, Basso and Brooke, Emilio Pucci, Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière and Alexander McQueen. 
Over the past 10 years there has been some pretty defining collections that struck a cord with me and shaped the way I look at fashion. They subsequently became the reason that I wanted a career in this industry…here are some of those collections.
I really enjoyed putting this post together, reminiscing about past collections. It has also offered a reflection on how some of my favourite brands have evolved over the years as new creative directors took the helm.
Which are your all-time favourite runway collections?
Phillippa x

Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment