With award season well and truly underway, last night saw the turn of the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles. Awarding those both in film and TV, this award show acts as another indication of who will scoop the main prizes at next months Oscars. Lets take a look at who wore what on the red carpet, and who was best dressed on the night...
Eva Longoria - Julien Macdonald / Alicia Vikander - Louis Vuitton
Julianne Moore - Givenchy Spring 16 Couture / Rachel McAdams - Elie Saab
Naomi Watts - Burberry / Sarah Hyland - J Mendel
Brie Larson - Atelier Versace Spring 16 Couture / Claire Danes - Stella McCartney
Gwendoline Christie - Lanvin Spring 16 / Kiernan Shipka - Erdem
Ellie Kemper - Peter Pilotto / Maisie Williams - Ermanno Scervino
Saoirse Ronan - Michael Kors / Emilia Clarke - Dior Couture
Sophia Vergara - Vera Wang / Nicole Kidman - Gucci
Viola Davis - Zac Posen / January Jones - Schiaparelli Couture
Christina Ricci - Christopher Kane / Julianna Margulies - Antonio Berardi
Tina Fey - Stella McCartney / Sophie Turner - Carolina Herrera
Sarah Paulson - Armani Prive / Rooney Mara - Valentino
Top 3 Best Dressed
1. Brie Larson wearing Versace - This gown seemed to divide opinion, but in a sea of blue dresses on the red carpet this one appealed to me the most. It was the perfect shade of powdery blue for the actress and the detailing meant this wasn't just your average award show dress.
2. Rachel McAdams wearing Elie Saab - It was lovely to see a delicate lace gown on the red carpet, as many stars opted for solid colour blocking. It had a youthful flair to it, and Rachel's tousled hair perfectly complemented this look.
3. Sarah Paulson wearing Armani Prive - I adored this full Couture collection on the runway and thought it was a perfect choice for this award show. Black dresses are a safe option for big award shows, but I love the injection of vibrant blue and pink feathers and detailing on the bodice.
1. Christina Ricci wearing Christopher Kane - The surprising thing about this look was that I can't remember a Christopher Kane dress ever being worn to such a huge Hollywood event like this before. At an award show like this, stars have their pick of the biggest brands in the world to choose from, so I found it so refreshing that Christina Ricci opted to wear this floor length lace dress from the Brit designer and LFW favourite. A HUGE yes to this look!
1. Nicole Kidman wearing Gucci - The Gucci SS16 collection has been making it's rounds on the red carpet and in editorials since its debut at MFW back in October. Whilst I love the concept of this dress, unfortunately it just doesn't work for Nicole. Now if this had been someone like Kate Bosworth wearing this dress, I can imagine it may have made my best dressed.
Who was your best dressed at the SAG Awards 2016?
Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22