Monday 24 August 2015

Instagram - My Favourites

Recently I have become more in love with Instagram, both my own and others. I adore seeing how people interpret trends, document their idea's and show what they are interested in.  I use my own Instagram as a visual mood board for fashion and design inspiration.
If you are new to Instagram or looking for some exciting new fashion/interior pages to follow, then here are my favourite Instagrammers.
Fashion
Matthew Williamson
Fashion, print, embroidery, travel, interiors, lookbooks and street style - all in the most incredible colours. This is my number one go to Instagram page for brightening up my day. I would honestly like every single picture…if it didn't make me look super annoying!
The Row
The New York based fashion brand has one of the most incredibly well thought out Instagram pages. The carefully selected imagery perfectly links the brands beautiful tailored clothing with architecture and art. Such a wonderfully sophisticated and insightful page.
Paul Smith
Sir Paul Smith famously said "You can find inspiration in everything(and if you can't, look again)" Known for his love of collecting antiques whilst travelling the world, this Instagram page documents the designers travels and design inspiration.
Clare Waight Keller
Chloe's Creative Director captures stunning moments on her Instagram page. A real mix of personal inspiration and Chloe fashion. I love the consistent use of the same filters and soft colours.

Interiors
Sibella Court
Sibella Court is one of my favourite interior stylists. She has such an exceptional eye for interiors and putting unusual objects together. If you love industrial chic interiors you will love this page! Sibella Court has also released a handful of interior books which I own and can definitely recommend.
I Have This Thing With Floors
Just when I thought I was the only person who had an obsession with flooring, I discovered this page. If, like me, you walk along the street and stop to admire the floor then this is the page for you. So many inspiring patterns found in the most normal of places.

Street Style
Chiara Ferragni
Superstar blogger Chiara probably has the most jet-set Instagram page of anyone I follow. Everyday a different Country or City. Pretty much all the images are fashion related with travel/holiday pictures as well. As Chiara is one of the most prominent street style stars at fashion week, you can expect to see plenty of catwalk pictures during September and February.
Style Du Monde
Capturing street style pictures from around the globe, the style on this page is an eclectic mix of designer, high street and vintage. A great page for styling inspiration and ideas.

My Instagram
My page is a mix of fashion, interiors, art, nature and colour inspiration. I aim to post one picture a day on my Instagram, carefully selecting the images I use. I want all the pictures to represent what I love the most about the creative world and reflect my favourite aspects of design. I take all the images myself, usually in galleries or department stores. I also upload images of my own personal design work, including my textile prints and drawings.

I hope this blog post has given you some food for thought and maybe you might have just found some new industry professionals to follow!

Phillippa x

Twitter - @Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment