Monday 20 July 2015

The Best of Resort 16 - Part 3

My final Resort 16 collection review...
Chanel
Set in Seoul and inspired by Korean tradition, this collection featured a colourful patchwork technique which is only found in Korea. The geometric prints were perfectly executed as were the turquoise and lilac tweed and lace separates.
Marc Jacobs
Easily one of the standout collections from the season. Attention to detail was key: grommets, crystals and obsessive embroidery. Prints were not complicated, but made a big impact. A black palm leaf with a injection of red was the highlight of the collection. I also adored the detailing on the collars.
 Prabal Gurung
To be expected Prabal Gurung silhouettes were present, but what I didn't expect was the hand-painted sailboat print. There have been a number of Resort 16 collection featuring Sea related motifs, but this particular one was my favourite due to its authentic style and unexpected colour.


Alberta Ferretti
Offering an updated take on 'safari' style, I loved the colour palette used in this collection. There was also an essence of a 'free-spirited' nature which I really liked. The hand-painted print was unlike any other print seen this season, which I found somewhat refreshing.
Milly
You can always rely on Michelle Smith to bring you vibrant colour and print, and this season was no different. Acidic colours looked awesome on the cut paper style geo print. Candy stripes and a floral print mixed with a zig-zag overlay were both eye-catching. If Resort collections are about dressing for the holidays, then I think you have just found your perfect holiday wardrobe right here.
Monique Lhuillier
It wouldn't be a Monique Lhuillier collection without flowers and this season the florals came in different forms. There were painted roses in cobalt blue and orange, delicate lace blooms and a digital floral print mixed with lace and butterflies. Daywear and eveningwear were both covered.
Marni
The highlight of the collection was the oversized stylised floral print, emblazoned boldly on mid length dresses. Trademark boxy silhouettes and layering were also present.
Missoni
Referencing Sonia Delaunay as a source of inspiration, this collection was one of the most colourful we saw this season. Brush strokes, space-dyed knits and 'stereo' wave prints had so much energy. Space-dyed knits are also emerging as a key trend for Resort, with this collection being a prime reference.
Giamba
I was drawn to this collection because of the array of different prints. Animal skins, graphic florals, hand painted blooms and cute cherry and lips conversationals. What I liked the most about the prints were the placements, the florals formed circles and stripes. Swirling geometrics slicing though the graphic florals were also interesting.
Andrew GN
The stylised garden florals had an almost folksy feel to them and I loved the placement of these flowers appearing to almost grow up the garment. I can't wait to see the floral evening gowns translated onto the red carpet. The Malhia Kent tweed dresses stood out against the delicate embroidered gowns.

This concludes my Resort 16 reviews. With hundreds of collections to choose from I had a tough time selecting my top 30. A more extensive look at the Resort 16 collections can be found on my Pinterest page (details below). If you follow my 'Lookbook Favourites' and 'Runway Favourites' boards you will never miss a single collection.

I will be posting a Resort 16 trend report on my blog within the next 2 weeks summarising all the emerging trends so stay tuned for that!

Phillippa x

Twitter - Phillippa22
Pinterest - phillippadesign
Instagram - PhillippaDesign22

No comments:

Post a Comment