Tuesday 17 March 2015

Most Loved - Balenciaga Spring 15 'Light and Shade' Dress and Top

One of my favourite Spring 15 collections was Balenciaga. The full collection was feminine with a sporty edge. The 'Light and Shade' top and skirt looked beautiful on the runway, and is looking equally beautiful on the red carpet and in editorials. I keep seeing this look everywhere at the moment.
The collection has proved very popular on the red carpet, with stars choosing the 'light and shade' top and skirt to wear to attend various events. I love that the collection requires the wearer to be confident on the red carpet, due to the sheer panels and slightly daring nature. Here's a look at who has worn it and how they styled the look. Note that accessories and beauty have been kept fairly simple.
Juliette Binoche / Sienna Miller / Julianne Moore
Julianne Moore / Kerry Washington / Rooney Mara
Emma Watson / Nicola Peltz
Kim Kardashian / Zoe Kravitz
The collection has also featured in editorials. I have spotted it twice in Harpers Bazaar, worn by both Gwyneth Paltrow and Margot Robbie. I also love Sia wearing this look on the cover of Interview Magazine.

Who do you think wore this collection best? I adored Sienna Millers look, and thought Emma Watson styled her top and trouser combo to look sophisticated and elegant.
If you love to see what all the A-listers are wearing on the red carpet, or you love fashion editorials, then be sure to follow my design Pinterest. You can find me at 'phillippadesign'.
Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment