Saturday 10 May 2014

Anya Hindmarch / Artist Stephen Newby

One of the coolest bags I've seen recently is the 'Crisp Packet' Clutch by Anya Hindmarch. Priced at £995, this unique shaped bag has been carried everywhere: from the catwalk to the red carpet, to exclusive parties and events.
Poppy Delevingne, Miroslava Duma and Emma Watson are all fans

When I first saw the bag it instantly reminded me of the work of artist Stephen Newby, whose work I was introduced to whilst studying for my Foundation Art course back in 2008. Newby, based in Newcastle, creates all his wok using metal and has developed a range of products including: furniture, radiators, mirrors and art installations after patenting the technique of inflating metal in 2001. His work can been seen around the world in restaurants, corporate and public spaces. He has also been commissioned by the likes of Louis Vuitton for in store displays. 

I really like the work of Stephen Newby and when you actually see the work close up you realise just how brilliant the concept is. If you have been inspired by Newby's art then be sure to visit his website http://fullblownmetals.com/
Phillippa x




No comments:

Post a Comment