Saturday 8 March 2014

Paris Fashion Week - A/W 14 - Part 2

Chanel
Givenchy
Valentino
Elie Saab
Leonard
Louis Vuitton
Alexander McQueen
Pedro Lourenco
Giambattista Valli
Akris
Zuhair Murad
 
Givenchy and Valentino both featured dresses with butterfly prints. Valentino opted for twee butterflies, whereas Givenchy played with the scale of butterfly wings, both worked well but in different ways. I also loved the ombre colour ways at Elie Saab and the opulence at McQueen, with more fur than you could imagine!
 
This season also marked Nicolas Ghesquière's debut collection at the helm of Louis Vuitton. There were 2 or 3 prints and a lot of leather, crocodile skin and suede in autumnal colours. I really liked the collection as it had numerous pieces which would look super stylish worked into an everyday wardrobe. What did you think of the collection?
 
Chanel always pulls out all the stops when in comes to designing a set for the runway show, and this season was no different. So much so that I am going to put a new post on my blog tomorrow about the fantastic vision created for the setting of the show.
 
So this post pretty much concludes my round-up of all the A/W 14 shows from NYC, London, Milan and Paris. I hope you have enjoyed looking at the collections and I hope you have picked out some key pieces which you are eyeing up for the season ahead...I know I have. You can follow my 'Runway Favourites' board on my Pinterest page for a more extensive look at the collections, as I have images on there which are not on my blog. My pinterest page is 'PhillippaDesign'.
 
Phillippa x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment