Monday 26 August 2013

VMAs - Red Carpet Round-Up

Last night some of the biggest names in the music industry descended on the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. I thought I would create a 'red carpet round-up' to let you know who wore what, and which looks were my favourites.
Rita Ora - Alexandre Vauthier Fall 13 Couture
For me this dress easily wins the 'Wow' factor award. The British singer looked stunning wearing this pale blue gown, complete with ostrich feather train. Rita Ora is known for her bold fashion choices and I like that she experiments with her style. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but this look is a winner.
Selena Gomez - Atelier Versace Fall 13 Couture
I was not surprised to see Selena wearing a Versace gown as she is a fan of luxury Italian fashion brands. The star, who recently celebrated her 21st birthday, is clearly trying to make a transition from Disney star to serious musician/actress. I love everything about this dress, it is grown up and sleek and Selena still effortlessly manages to make this daring/risqué dress look sophisticated. 
Holland Roden - Naeem Khan Resort 14
The actress opted for a skirt/cigarette pant combo which she pulls off so well. I don't know much about this actress but after seeing this great red carpet look I will be sure to look out for what she is wearing at future events.
Shailene Woodley - Emilio Pucci Resort 14
In a sea of couture gowns and floor length dresses, I found it refreshing to see the American actress wearing a more young/fun outfit. Pucci is one of my favourite brands so I was pleased to see this look on the red carpet. I love that the skirt features a signature Pucci print, but in sequins and beading.
Ciara - Givenchy Fall 10 Couture
This is definitely a 'look at me' dress. It won't be to everyone's liking for its revealing, 'barely there' nature, but there is no denying that Ciara looks great. This same dress has been worn on the red carpet before and we have seen similar looks on Florence Welch, but nevertheless this exquisite detailed dress gets my vote.
Allison Williams - Valentino Fall 13
I remember watching the live stream of the Valentino runway show and falling in love with the collection. There is something so feminine and romantic about Valentino dresses. The subtle detail on this dress is just so beautiful and the length makes it easy and practical to wear to an award show.
What were your favourite red carpet looks from this event? Most attendees opted for similar colour palettes, but I would have loved to have seen someone successfully wearing a striking print. Do you agree?
Phillippa x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment