Monday 21 May 2012

Principles Dissertation Prize

I recently found out that I have been shortlisted for the 'Principles Dissertation Prize'. Out of the 122 Level 6 students, 5 were nominated for this prize, myself included. I worked very hard on my dissertation, which was titled 'The Legacy of 1950's Design on Modern Design'. I even made it down to London on a research trip so I could visit the anniversary exhibition of the 1951 Festival Of Britain at the Soutthbank Centre. I really like this period of design history and I gained so much knowledge from writing my dissertation. The iconic 1950's style of design has gone onto influence my own design work. I will have to wait until the launch night of the degree show exhibiton to see if I have won, but just to receive a nomination feels like a big achievement. Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment