Thursday 16 February 2012

Paris - Premiere Vision/Indigo Trade Show

Yesterday I returned home from a 3 day trip to Paris. As mentioned in an earlier blog post, the main purpose of this visit was to network at Indigo and hand out my press packs. I made valuable contacts with professionals who work at design studios, both in the UK and oversees and I collected a number of business cards.


Aside from the trade show, I did manage to have a day to myself on Tuesday, which I spent exploring the city. I was in Paris this time last year, so many of the sights were familiar to me and I felt confident navigating my way around the city on my own. Using the Pompidou Centre as my starting point, I visited some great nearby vintage shops, then I ventured on to find 'Mokuba'. As mentioned in my last post, this haberdashery has a superb reputation and is used by famed fashion designers. The ribbons were stunning and the selection was overwhelming. The shop looks very exclusive so I couldn't help treating myself to some of their luxury ribbons, which cost around 20 euro's. This shop is a must see for any textile designer, with a love of colour and embroidery. It can be found at - 18 Rue MontMartre
Mokuba




I also picked up copies of French Vogue and Jalouse, the later of which has 2 great editorials with Brit models of the moment - Cara Delevingne and Edie Campbell


After Mokuba, I set off walking - my route took me along the river, past the Lourve, Musee D'orsay, The Champ Elysees and the Eiffel Tower. Before I knew it I had been walking for 7 hours. I always find walking the best way to explore a city as you never know what you may see.

Locks on the Pont des Arts bridge



Louis Vuitton on the Champ Elysees - window displays featuring the carousel horses from the Spring 12 runway show



Yves Saint Laurent office



Other

Phillippa x

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. You are a true, dedicated, obsessive designer. You go girl. You will go far in the design industry.

    ReplyDelete