Tuesday 28 February 2012

Design Development Update and My love for Intense Pattern

My designs for my 'Global Collective' module have made a transition from being inspired by traditional African textiles, to now being heavily influenced by the more intricate detailed patterns found on high market contemporary womenswear fashion garments. I am naturally drawn to detailed patterns, and feel that this is the way forward for me. Despite needing to stick to tight deadlines, I am going to pursue my desire to produce designs of this nature, as I have alot of exciting design ideas and I don't want to limit my potential.

I look to high profile designers for inspiration for my own designs. Many of my favourite designers have prints which are truly stunning and the colour palettes are to die for. The placements, the symmetry, the paisley motif, the cut of the garments - I love it all. I admire designers who find a signature style and evolve it each season. This is something which I aspire to achieve with my own print collections. Notes of reference, amongst many others, include: Emilio Pucci, Carven, Matthew Williamson, Holly Fulton.

Etro - Fall 12



Emilio Pucci - Spring 12


Carven - Spring 12



Matthew Williamson - Fall 11



Holly Fulton - Spring 11



Phillippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment